At FPPF we value Music. Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity. A high-quality music education should engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement. As pupils progress, they should develop a critical engagement with music, allowing them to compose and to listen, with discrimination, to a range of music from different cultures, traditions and historical periods.
- MUC1: Through performance, develop self-confidence and a passion that enables them to share their musical experiences with others and improve as a musician
- MUC2: Actively listening to music with attention to detail; recalling sounds and increasing aural memory
- MUC3: Selecting and applying the appropriate techniques to create original, imaginative, fluent and distinctive compositions
- MUC4: Developing an understanding of the technical elements that underpin music; focus on notation
- MUC5: Experiencing a range of musical genres to develop an understanding of the historical, social and cultural origins of music and how this impacts the range of music we listen to now
Curriculum Overview & Big Questions
We use Big Questions to test how accurately the children acquire the key sticky knowledge and/or skills appropriate to the topic. These questions are answered in a variety of ways, through verbal responses, to written tasks to more creative work.
Children understand the question at the start of the topic so they can link their learning to the bigger picture.
Curriculum Sticky Knowledge
Sticky Knowledge is the key knowledge that we have chosen for the children to know after each topic. This knowledge is built upon, brought back into the working memory or recapped (retention & retrieval work) through the subsequent topics, years and even through different subjects. The aim is to retain this key knowledge by making a change to the child's long term memory.
Within all subjects, the expanse of knowledge is vast. We have chosen the key sticky knowledge that we feel would benefit the children through their KS1 journey and to help them understand and enjoy the subject area ready for KS2.
To be added soon
Celebrating and Enriching
To be added soon